VEGAN EARTH DAY CUPCAKES
I was asked to bring a vegan cake for a potluck for earth Day and this is what I came up with. The cupcakes were amazingly good.
Vegan Coconut Cake:
- 2 and 1/2 cups (312g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) White Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cups (160g) CoconutFlakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Oil Melted)
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 and 1/2 cups (540g) Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) Coconut oil ( not melted)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Rum flavouring
- 8 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line 24 cupcakes with black liners .
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and then add the sugar, baking soda, salt and coconut. Mix together.
- Then add in the coconut milk, melted coconut oil, vinegar, and vanilla and stir into a thick batter. Make sure it’s well mixed but be careful not to overmix.
- Fill the each cupcake ½ full of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by adding the powdered sugar, coconut oil, rum flavouring and coconut milk to a mixing bowl and mixing with an electric mixer.
- Let the cupcakes cool then pipe the icing on top. Decorate with coconut desired.