HOW TO MAKE PROFESSIONAL LOOKING ROLLED FONDANT
Basic Rolled Fondant
1/4 cup water
4 teaspoons powdered unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup liquid glucose
1 tablespoon glycerine
1 tablespoon butter
7 cups icing sugar
- Measure water in a heat proof bowl and add unflavored gelatin. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add unflavored gelatin, glucose, glycerin and butter to the bowl and then place the bowl in a large pot partially filled with hot but not boiling water.
- Stir until the unflavored gelatin dissolves and the butter melts.
- To the unflavoured gelatin mixture in the heatproof bowl, add 4 cups of icing sugar. Stir together with a wooden spoon or use an electric mixer.
- Pour mixture out onto a surface spread with icing sugar and knead in the rest of the icing sugar. (3 cups)
- Roll out the fondant using a fondant mat or using cornstarch and carefully transfer it to the cake or cupcakes.
- Place in an airtight container or freezer bag right awayNotes: If the icing is sticky add more icing sugar. This recipe makes very nice rolled fondant that looks professional. If you want to use fondant after a few days and it goes hard, it can be softened by microwaving it for 30 seconds. More recipes like this can be found in the icing cookbook "Icing Only" from Amazon.ca
Hi Michele, Unfortunately we do not offer classes but there are some excellent Youtube tutorials available for free. One of the best is from a company that sells a mat for rolling out fondant. You will not need any icing sugar or cornstarch for this and it works beautifully. Here is the link. After you know the basics, like any cake decorating technique, you just have to practice.
Search “The Printed Mat” by Sweetwise
I’m.a wedding decorator and wanting to.leenr how.to.make.wrsding and birthday cakes in fondant and.cupcakes.do.u teach at Wilton and.of yes how much si the course.and.for how.lonh? Thanks