How to Make Molded Turtles
HOW TO MAKE MOLDED TURTLES (Makes 9 Turtles)
1 cup milk chocolate wafers
12 caramels (Werther’s Soft Crème Caramels work well or Peter's Caramel from J Wilton)
12 pecans (chopped)
1 turtle mold
1 small spoon
Refrigerator or freezer
1) Prepare the mold by washing it in hot soapy water then rinse and dry well.
2) Take the wrappers off the caramels and place them in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Caramels should be melted. Then mix in chopped pecans and set aside.
3) Melt the chocolate (see instructions below)
4) Spoon a generous amount of milk chocolate into the mold and make a shell using a small spoon or popsicle stick. Make sure the head and feet have chocolate in them.
5) Refrigerate for 5 minutes or put in your freezer for 2 minutes
6) When the caramel/pecan mix is cool, take 1 teaspoon of the caramel/pecan mixture. Make a pancake shape with your hands. Place it in the cavity of the shell.
7) Spoon chocolate on top to fill the cavity and make sure the edges are sealed.
8) Cool and unmold . (See instructions below)
Melting with an electric frying pan/water bath
Place chocolate wafers in small jars. Place jars in an electric frying pan with an inch and a half of water. Turn on frying pan to the lowest setting and spoon the melted chocolate into the molds.
Melting using the microwave
Chocolate wafers can also be melted in the microwave, on the lowest setting for 30 seconds then in 10 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Be very careful with white chocolate because it burns very easily.
Cooling the chocolate to unmold
Place the molds in freezer for 10 minutes or in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until the chocolates are set. Gently flip them over on a tea towel to unmold.
This recipe comes from our CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE MAKING KIT - DELUXE where you will get a box of chocolate making supplies and instructions for 5 types of chocolates. Why not have a Chocolate Making Party?