How To Make Double Almond Bark
HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE ALMOND BARK (Makes 15 - 20 Pieces of bark)
1 cup dark chocolate wafers
1 cup white chocolate wafers
1 cup whole sliced almonds (roasted for 2 -4 minutes in the oven at 350F)
2-3 drops almond oil flavouring
1 small spoon
1) Prepare a cookie sheet by spreading plastic wrap on the bottom of the pan.
2) Melt the two chocolates (see instructions below) Add 1-2 drops of almond flavoring to the chocolate. (Pour onto a spoon a small amount and then let drip from the spoon.)
3) Using one half of the cookie sheet, pour a one inch strip of melted chocolate. Then pour a one inch strip of melted white chocolate. Repeat.
4) Run a butter knife in the chocolate to swirl. Sprinkle the almonds on top and tap the sheet on the counter.
5) Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or 5 minutes in the freezer. When set, break into pieces with your hands.
Melting with a electric frying pan/water bath
Place chocolate wafers in small jars. Place jars in an electric frying pan with an inch and a half of water. Turn on frying pan to the lowest setting and then spoon the melted chocolate into the molds.
Melting using the microwave
Chocolate wafers can also be melted in the microwave, on the lowest setting for 30 seconds then in 10 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Be very careful with white chocolate because it burns very easily.
Cooling and unmolding the chocolates
Place the molds in freezer for 5 minutes or in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until the chocolate is set. Gently flip them over on a tea towel to unmold.
This recipe comes from our CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE MAKING KIT - DELUXE where you will get a box of chocolate making supplies and instructions for 5 types of chocolates. Why not have a Chocolate Making Party this Christmas?