How To Make Chocolate Maraschino Cherries
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MARASCHINO CHERRIES (Makes 12 Chocolates)
1 cup dark chocolate wafers
12 maraschino cherries (drained)
2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice from the jar
2 tablespoons powdered fondant
1 maraschino cherry mold
1 small spoon
1) Prepare the mold by washing it in hot soapy water then rinse and dry well.
2) In a small bowl mix the maraschino cherry juice and fondant together and stir.
3) Melt the chocolate (see instructions below)
4) Spoon a generous amount of dark chocolate into the mold and make a shell using a small spoon or popsicle stick.
5) Refrigerate for 5 minutes or put in the freezer for 2 minutes.
6) Put one maraschino cherry and a very small amount of the fondant/cherry juice mixture into the chocolate mold in the cavity you have just made.
7) Spoon chocolate on top to fill the cavity and make sure the edges are sealed.
8) Place the molds in freezer for 10 minutes or in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until the chocolates are set. Gently flip them over on a tea towel to unmold.
Melting with a electric frying pan/water bath
Place chocolate wafers in small jars. Place jars in an electric frying pan with an inch and a half of water. Turn on frying pan to the lowest setting and then spoon the melted chocolate into the molds.
Melting using the microwave
Chocolate wafers can also be melted in the microwave, on the lowest setting for 30 seconds then in 10 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Be very careful with white chocolate because it burns very easily.
This recipe comes from our CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE MAKING KIT - DELUXE where you will get a box of chocolate making supplies and instructions for 5 types of chocolates. Why not have a Chocolate Making Party?