How to Make a Chocolate Dessert Shell Filled with Chocolate Mousse
How to make a Chocolate Dessert Shell
2) Spoon into a Candy Island Egg Dessert Shell Chocolate Mold #4301. Coat the mold twice. Then refrigerate for 15 minutes or put in the freezer for 7 minutes.
3) Unmold carefully. Then make this delicious chocolate mousse.
Recipe for Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Mousse for Dessert Shells
(Makes 3.5 cups of dessert)
1 cup chocolate wafers or chips
1 ¼ cup cream or milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 egg yolks
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 cups cool whip or whipped cream
1) Heat chocolate, cream, sugar, gelatin, and cocoa powder over a medium heat until the chocolate is melted and the gelatin is dissolved. Stir constantly.
2) In a small bowl stir some of the hot chocolate mixture with the egg yolk and whisk with a fork.
3) Gradually add the egg mixture to the hot chocolate mixture. Whisk in the egg mixture, then stir until it just begins to boil. This will take 3-4 minutes. Add the vanilla.
4) Take off the heat and let cool until room temperature.
5) Fold in the whipped cream and then pour or spoon it into the chocolate shells. Make sure the mixture is cool before pouring it into the chocolate shells.
6) Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Just before you serve the dessert top with Whipped Cream or Coolwhip. If you put it in a decorator bag and pipe it onto the dessert it is a lot easier than spooning it on top. Then decorate with fruit or sprinkles.
This is so delicious people will groan when they eat it then beg you for the recipe.