Homemade Mars Bars....So Delicous
How to Make MARS BARS
A) Make a recipe of Mars Bar Nougat. ( See recipe below) Let them cool and cut them into 2.5 inch by 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch rectangular boxes.
B) Melt premade caramel from J. Wilton or caramels with an equal amount of cream. ( I used 5 caramels and 1 tablespoon of cream for 4 chocolate bars.)Place the melted caramel on a parchment lined cooke sheet and spread it to 1/4 inch thickness. Let cool and cut into rectangles.
Now you are ready to assemble the Mars Bars.
C) Melt milk chocolate wafers and using a small spoon make a chocolate shell in the mars bar shaped chocolate mold. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Now place the caramel rectangle on the nougat box and place caramel side down into the mold. Cover with milk chocolate and refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes.
D) Unmold and wrap with a 4" foil wrapper.
YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL BE AMAZED HOW MUCH THESE TASTE LIKE MARS BARS!
MARS BAR DIRECTIONS
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup white corn syrup
2/3 cup water
2 egg whites
2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate
½ cup malted milk powder (I used Ovaltine which you can usually find near the hot chocolate mixes.)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1) Line an 8”X 8” pan with parchment paper
2) Stir together the sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Stir with a wooden spoon and when it starts to boil insert a candy thermometer and stop stirring.
3) Heat until it reaches a temperature of 260F. This will take quite a while
4) While you are waiting you can place the egg whites in a mixing bowl, measure the cocoa powder, measure the malted milk powder and melt the baking chocolate.
5) When you think the sugar water mixture is close to 260F then beat the eggs to stiff peaks.
6) Pour the hot syrup over the eggs slowly and continue beating until the mixture loses some of its shine. This will take 5 minutes.
7) Now add the melted bakers chocolate, salt, malted milk powder, and cocoa powder to the egg and sugar mixture.
8) Scrape the nougat into the pan and spread until it is the thickness desired. (about ½ inch for the mars bar mold shown)
9) Cut while soft cut and store in a sealed container for 1 week at room temperature or for 1 month in the freezer.