GRANDMA'S CINNAMON LOAF RECIPE
When I take a bite of this loaf I am transported back to 1965 in my Grandma's dining room.
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon grated semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 350F. Wash the pan with soap and water, dry and then rub a Medium Wilton Loaf Pan with canola oil. Wipe with paper towel.
2) Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs together. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and baking soda) alternately with sour cream.
3) Use a medium loaf pan and put 1½ cups of batter into the pan first. Sprinkle one third of the sugar mixture on top. Now put anther 1 ½ cups of batter on top and sprinkle another third of the sugar mixture on top. Put the rest of the batter on top and sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture on top of that.
4) Pat the dough with your fingers to level it off.
5) Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour then loosen the edges and it will pop out.
6) Grandma always served it with butter but this recipe is so delicious you really do not need it.