9 Ladies Dancing Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me 9 Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes that look like dancing ladies. OK now we are talking with the true love stuff. Eight chocolate cherry flavoured cupcakes are a good gift. I don’t care what they are supposed to be. I am in.
Nine Ladies Dancing Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
1 ½ cups sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup buttermilk
2/3 cup sour cherries (or canned cherry pie filling)
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 oz Bakers chocolate
1) Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, beat eggs until light yellow. Then add buttermilk, oil, vanilla, cherries and melted chocolate. Mix until combined. Don’t worry if chocolate forms small lumps.
3) Add the dry ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth. Spoon into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Fill cavities 2/3 full.
4) Bake for 24 minutes at 350F on the middle rack of your oven.
5) Cool completely before frosting.
1/2 cup butter (softened)
4 cups icing sugar
5 tablespoons milk or cream
1 teaspoon cherry extract or 2 drops of Cherry Oil Flavouring
1) Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy
2)Add 2 cups of icing sugar. Beat until well combined.
3) Add the milk and flavouring then the other 2 cups of icing sugar. Beat until a smooth icing forms
These will remind you of Black Forest Cake. I served them with leftover sour cherry sauce and whipped cream. So Delicious!