7 TIPS FOR AIR BRUSHING CUPCAKES
1) Bake white cupcakes using WHITE LINERS. Using white liners means you can airbrush any colour and it will spray on the liner and it will automatically match the cupcake.
2) Find a good buttercream recipe.
Example from cookbook Icing Only
1/2 cup butter (softened)
4 cups icing sugar
5 tablespoons milk or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring (see Appendix B)
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add 2 cups of icing sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Add the milk and flavouring then the other 2 cups of icing sugar. Beat until a smooth icing forms icing.
3) When using the AIR BRUSH dilute the AMERIMIST COLOURS with vodka. I did not have any vodka so I used lemon extract which is mostly alcohol. I also mixed the colour with PURE WHITE AMERIMIST COLOURS to get a more pastel look.
4) Practice on a paper towel before you start.
5) Holding the nozzle about 8 inches away from the cupcake worked well.
6) Adding glitter, sparkles or REAL GOLD DUST makes them even showier.
7) Always wash the nozzle of your air gun after you use it by pressing the level over and over again while running it under water.